13 February 2009

Dilemma

The third and fourth books of Christina Dodds' Darkness Chosen series have reached the top on my TBR list. I enjoyed the first book (Scent of Darkness), the second (Touch of Darkness) less so. My dilemma is this: I'm not really sure how enraptured I am by the premise of the third book (Into the Shadow); however, I definitely want to read the fourth book (Into the Flame). So, for any of you out there who have read the series - should I perserve and read the third book or should I skip it and go straight to 'GO' (I mean Into the Flame)?

3 comments:

  1. orannia! I keep telling you about how anal I can be about books. You HAVE to read them IN ORDER!!!!!

    As someone who has read this series, yes read Into The Shadow first. It has been a little while since I read these books but IIRC, I would rate Into The Shadow higher than Touch of Darkness.

    cheers
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. *hangs head in shame* I'm sorry ShellBell...I know I'm supposed to read them in order..and since you rate Into the Shadow higher than Touch of Darkness I will 'behave' and read the series in order :)

    BTW - I just finished The Defiant Hero and LOVED it! Thank you so much for suggesting the series...and yes I'll definitely be reading more and yes, definitely in order :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read Into the Shadow in the summer, I think it was, and didn't like it as much as so many others. For many it was their favorite story, for me ... I had serious problems with the first half of the book. But I finished it because I was determined to finish the series and read Into the Flame. Which, by the way, I bought but still haven't gotten to.

    Anyway, I'd like you to read them so we can compare notes. Especially on Into the Shadow since I seem to be in the minority in my thoughts on it. Let me know what you decide to do.

    ReplyDelete