02 December 2009

On the Second Day of Christmas...

...my true love gave to me (*enter cynical voice stage left* well, he didn't, probably because he doesn't exist *exit cynical voice in a puff of smoke* [because exiting stage right would be so boring])

A brand new Dell computer just for me!

Yes, it has arrived....in three boxes. I'm not quite sure what is in the third box, but I guess I'll find out this weekend *grin* Yes, this weekend. How is that for restraint?

Edited to add: My current computer staged the death scene to end all death scenes on Wednesday night (and yes, some might say that is perfect timing) so I will be AWOL offline until I have the new computer connected...to itself and the Internet. *madly crossing fingers that the connecting is as easy as everyone says it is*

10 comments:

  1. I would feel just a teensy wittle bit envious if I hadn't just gotten a new video card for my own 'puter :grin:

    Huge congrats on the new Dell and may I say, I''m amazed at your restraint? I would have already unpacked that sucker and petted it all over (even if the purpose of half the stuff in the boxes would elude me, technomoron that I am :wink: )

    ReplyDelete
  2. w00t! The purple princess is heeeeeeeeere!!! ;P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, a new video card! Enjoy :)

    I have a feeling I will be showing my technomoron (great word BTW!) skills to all and sundry trying to get this computer up and running. I might look at the modem tonight...because if it doesn't have any instructions I am going to have to take it to work and ask IT to explain :) I'm fine (mostly) as long as there are instructions...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The purple princess is heeeeeeeeere!!!

    ROFLOL! Yes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo-hoo! Congrats on the new computer :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!!!! I'm so excited for you. Shall I start sending you all kinds of links for cool YouTube videos? ;)

    Hurry! Hurry! Set it up!

    So funny about your old computer staging a dramatic death scene. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats and good luck! Too bad I'm not in NZ or you here in NJ, I could help you with it... I'm actually rebuilding my current desktop, can't quite swing a new one; maybe next year!

    Hope to see you online soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Kris and Katie. I'm on the new computer and it's...shiny! And so fast :) I think I'm in luv *grin*

    Thank you Christine. YouTube...I'm very excited! And yes, it is rather amusing my old computer has died...well, it still works, just the connection to the internet doesn't :(

    Mariana - thank you! All the best with rebuilding your desktop!

    ReplyDelete