01 February 2010

Books 2010: January Update

Total to date: eight books (eight books this month: contemporary romance [one book]; manga [four books]; urban fantasy [two books]; young adult [one book])

The 2010 Support Your Local Library Reading Challenge total to date: three books (three books this month)

The 2010 Big Book Challenge total to date: one book! (Eclipse [Stephenie Meyer]) [However, I am still planning on reading Kushiel's Dart (Jacqueline Carey) as my official book for this challenge]

The M/M Romance Challenge 2010 total to date: zero books (zero books this month) [However, I am reading a book for this challenge ATM]

A list of all the books I've read to date (from 01 January 2010) can be found at GoodReads.

Favourite books of the month?

* Eclipse (Stephenie Meyer)

* Magic Strikes (Ilona Andrews)

Books I 'did not finish':

* Fragile (Shiloh Walker)

Currently reading: Fatal Shadows (Josh Lanyon) [Yes, I have figured out how to read an eBook on my iPhone; that is, however, about all I've figured out how to do ATM *grin*]

And the book I'm most looking forward to reading next month:

* Cormabis (Sarah Monette)

What did you read last month?

13 comments:

  1. Um... it's all a blur already! Heh, and technically, here, it's still this month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! It would be a blur for me too if I didn't have GoodReads :) And yes, I guess technically it still is January in parts of the world. Here we're early risers *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, you've worked out the most important thing. Everything else is secondary.

    And you sent me a text this afternoon, so that's something else you've worked out how to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kerry - *nods* Yes. Thanks to you though. Your tip of downloading directly from my Fictionwise bookshelf was the bee's knees (as my mother would say :) Took me a while to work out how to connect wirelessly, but...I managed :) And yes, I have an idea how to text. I must confess to almost having a fit upon receiving your initial text. The iPhone beeped and I was like 'WTF' does that mean *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  5. whoo and hoo for ebooks :)

    Hmmm..so you didn't finish Fragile? I have never read Shiloh Walker before but I am reviewing Broken (the sequel to Fragile) soon.

    Josh Lanyon - le swoon

    Magic Strikes - awesome.

    Awesome month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on ebook reading!! (although quick question re the cover in your side-bar - it all looks very threatening with the eye and the blade, but the candles make me think there's a birthday cake there! No?) Am posting my reviews slowly, but I read 8 books and 8 manga in Jan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you figured it out, orannia. Yes! You loved Magic Strikes... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mandi - no, I didn't finish Fragile. I definitely think it was a me thing, and I'm about to write a post to explain that. I think Shiloh Walker writes well, but...there was an issue that I think she shouldn't have side-stepped (well, that's my interpretation), an issue important to me... Hopefully the post will make sense. And yes, I'm so a Josh fan. I think I should write a post entitled 'Why I Love Josh Lanyon' *grin*

    cychomandra - thank you! Yes, the cover for Fatal Shadows does look rather threatening. The book itself is, I think, m/m suspense (although anyone more knowledgeable feel free to correct me :) but I think it should also be in the genre of well written and....amusing. The characters are...interesting! And nope, no candles to date, although I guess that could change :)

    Hilcia - I adored Magic Strikes *grin* Bring on Magic Bleeds as I'm worried about Derek! I *heart* Derek!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well heck, hun. You're powering through the JL's. I take it you like 'em then. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I bought the first 3 in the Sarah Monette series... hopefully I'll get to them soon. I have to plow through the HP and I cheated and started Archangel's Kiss...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kris - watch this space *grin*

    Marian - I can't wait to hear what you think of the Sarah Monette books. I adore them and can't wait to read the fourth book! Enjoy Archangel's Kiss :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really thought I commented here last week... and came back because I was surprised to not have gotten any emails on the comments here. Go figure.

    ANYWAY.. I forgot what I said. :/

    BUT I'm so glad you loved MAGIC STRIKES!!!! : )

    ReplyDelete