23 March 2010
Trapped In A Restaurant Meme
Today, 23 March 2010, marks the release of Mind Games, the debut urban fantasy novel by the lovely and very talented Carolyn Crane from The Thrillonth Page. For those of you who like to 'taste' of a novel before you read it, you can find an excerpt here!
To celebrate the release, and the fact that one of the characters in Mind Games (Sterling Packard) hasn't set foot outside the Mongolian Delites restaurant for 8 years, Carolyn has created the Trapped In A Restaurant Meme:
First Prize: One randomly chosen player will get $100 toward a fancy dinner at a restaurant of their choice! (Any restaurant anywhere that accepts plastic or sells gift certificates. You don’t have to choose until you win.) Second prize: $50 toward a dinner.
How to play: Just post the questions, your answers, meme icon and meme game line on social media site (e.g. blog, Facebook, LiveJournal, etc.).
1. In MIND GAMES, hypochondriac heroine Justine Jones can’t figure out why tortured mastermind Sterling Packard never sets foot outside the Mongolian Delites restaurant. What if you were somehow trapped in a restaurant, what sort of restaurant would you prefer?
I think I would chose Chinese...the possibilities are endless *grin*
2. What if you won the fancy $100 dinner to a restaurant of your choice, and you could dine with any character from any book, movie, or history. Who would you choose?
Decisions, decisions. I think I it would have to be Daemon Sadi, from Anne Bishop's Black Jewel trilogy.
3. Choose three characters to dine with for a lively dinner party (you can define lively however you want).
Now, this is easier that Question 2 (because I get three choices):
- Daemon Sadi (what a surprise)
- Felix from Sarah Monette's Doctrine of Labyrinths series
- Leslie from Melissa Marr's Wicked Lovely series.
No doubt I'd spend all night drooling over Daemon & Felix, but the conversation would be fascinating!
Send the link by 8 April 2010 to email@example.com to enter. Anyone can play. Details at Carolyn Crane's website!
So, if you could pick three characters to have dinner with, who would you pick and why? Carolyn - all the best for the release of Mind Games! I can't wait to read it!