05 July 2010

First Kiss

I know y'all sitting there wondering why I have post entitled First Kiss. There is method to my madness (isn't there always?) *grin* Who remembers the song Eternal Flame by The Bangles? I heard it on the weekend. And hearing it always brings up a very special memory....of my first kiss. Now, the number of kisses I've had could probably be counted on two hands...I don't want to try for an actual count because I'll probably end up depressed and watching chick flick *grin* See, I tend to over think...well, everything. But particularly emotions. So a kiss is never just a kiss and is instead...well, too many things to name. Which is probably why my kissing experience (among other things) is so limited *grin* I can't just...feel things. (Although that might have something to do with the rather large wall-like structure between my body and the rest of me.) However, my first kiss was...I didn't over think...come to think of it I didn't think at all.

His name was James and he was younger than me...perhaps by a year. *cue cradle-snatching jokes* He was my friend's cousin, and I remember thinking he was gorgeous when I first met him. And in case you're still wondering, this is where the photo of Taylor Lautner comes in. James looked a lot like Taylor, although he wasn't quite that toned. He was leaner, but otherwise a close match IIRC. Anyway, my friend's younger sister did what younger sisters normally do and worked out that we liked each other (think 20 questions)...and spilled the beans. And I was shocked. No one had ever liked me. Cue chase scenes a la The Italian Job as all the various siblings decided to stalk us to witness the first kiss. Talk about pressure! But we doubled back and lost them and found ourselves all alone, at dusk, at the end of an alleyway/walkway. And was the first kiss (my first ever kiss) memorable? Yes. No pressure from him, no slobbering (hopefully that goes for both parties). It was soft, and gentle and...perfect. *SIGH*

Did we stay in touch? Yes. He used to ring and we'd spend ages on the phone just...talking and laughing. I'm sure I'm looking back through rose-coloured glasses, but...he made me laugh. I could be me around him...and that didn't seem to bother either him or me. In fact, he seemed to like that I was...me, which is probably why our phone conversations were so long *grin* My parents didn't approve of this time spent on the phone talking to 'a boy'. They never said anything, but...the disapproval was evident. What happened? I don't know. I can't remember, but I know I screwed up, jumped to a conclusion about something and we stopped talking. But, regardless, it is a lovely memory. And I guess that's what I want in the future. No, I'm not comparing the kisses as memories always seem better than the actual incident in question. But I want that feeling...of not thinking, but just...being...there, in the moment. Does that make sense?

So, can you remember your first kiss and, if so, do you remember it fondly?

10 comments:

  1. That was a lovely story! Ummm... I don't specifically remember my first kiss... in fact, I'm not sure I remember WHO was the first boy I kissed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this lovely story! I remember my first kiss, but not very fondly. It was a one time kiss only and I didn't even know the boy's name. I had my eye on him for awhile and the kiss took place at the dance floor. After the dance we each went our own way and it never happened again...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It makes perfect, perfect sense, orannia *hug* You beautiful woman, you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chris - thank you! I have to say I remember the weirdest things :) I hope you're not going to spend the day trying to remember his name? *grin* (I hate trying to remember something and knowing it's lurking but won't come out :)

    Thank you Janna. I love your story. It's very...Romeo & Juliet..well the beginning anyway when they meet and didn't know who the other was :)

    azteclady - thank you! *grin* I like that my first kiss was a good one :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should look him up on FaceBook! Maybe you two can hook up again. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. heidenkind - LOL! Actually, I'm still attempting to avoid Facebook. It's getting harder, as so many friends are on it and post photos, etc. And...I don't know. I'm not sure if I'd want to mess with the memory, if that makes sense?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww that was a lovely story, orannia! :)

    I have wonderful memories of my first kiss and of the boy with whom I shared it. It was a great first experience... no doubt about it. Thanks for making me smile today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great post, Orannia. It's so sweet that you remember it so nicely and your phone conversations. *sigh* That's just lovely.

    I remember my first kiss and it was just damned awkward! lol I didn't date much so didn't have many kisses until I got much older but those were much better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tracy - thank you :) Those phone conversations were the best. I remember him reading me an essay he'd written late the night before...too late. It was hilarious! And I love that it (the kiss) didn't feel that awkward. I was nervous...very much so. But it felt... *grin* I'm not finishing that sentence!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Weird. The rest of the comments seem to have vanished...

    ReplyDelete