10 January 2011

The 2011 Support Your Local Library Challenge

The 2011 Support Your Local Library Challenge is being hosted by Home Girl's Book Blog. The guidelines are as follows:

1. The goal is to read 12, 25, 50, or 100 books from your local library. Anyone can join. You don't need a blog to participate. Non-Bloggers: Post your list of books in the comment section of the Post Your Reviews post.

2. Any book from your local library counts.

3. No need to list your books in advance. You may select books as you go. Even if you list them now, you can change the list if needed.

4. Crossovers from other reading challenges count.

5. Challenge begins January 1st and continues through the end of December 2011.

6. When you sign up under Mr Linky, put the direct link to your post where your books will be listed. Include the URL to the original post so that other viewers can find this fun challenge. If you’d prefer to put your list in the sidebar of your blog, please leave your viewers the link to the sign up page. Again, so viewers can join the challenge too.

I have decided to sign up to read 25 library books (which is less than last year, but then we all know what happened last year *grin*).

To date, I have read the following library books:
1. Fantasy in Death (JD Robb)
2. Peril's Gate (Janny Wurts)
3. Bound By Your Touch (Meredith Duran)
4. Traitor's Knot (Janny Wurts)
5. Cast in Chaos (Michelle Sagara)
6. Lover Unleashed (JR Ward)
7. Stormed Fortress (Janny Wurts)
8. Cold Magic (Kate Elliot)
9. Radiant Shadows (Melissa Marr)
10. The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms (NK Jemisin)
11. One Was a Soldier (Julia Spencer-Fleming)
12. Dark Road to Darjeeling (Deanna Raybourn)
13. City of Night (Michelle West)
14. Where Shadows Dance (CS Harris)
15. House Name (Michelle West)
16. Bonds of Justice (Nalini Singh)
17. Tempt Me at Twilight (Lisa Kleypas)
18. Magic Slays (Ilona Andrews)
19. Play of Passion (Nalini Singh)
20. Love in the Afternoon (Lisa Kleypas)
21. Shadows Return (Lynn Flewelling)
22. The White Road (Lynn Flewelling)
23. Darkest Mercy (Melissa Marr)
24. Labyrinth (Kat Richardson)
25. Dragon Soul (Jaida Jones & Danielle Bennett) COMPLETE!
26. Unperfect Souls (Mark del Franco)
27. Cast in Ruin (Michelle Sagara)
28. Of Blood and Honey (Stina Leicht)
29. Uncertain Allies (Mark del Franco)

8 comments:

  1. You've already read a library book! You are on fire! Gogogogogogogogo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris - ahhhh, not yet. But I'm over 25% of the way through my first book! LOL! All I can think of is 'Go Gadget Go!'

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's amazing that you have this new goal! One of my goals is to read books from many different genres, expanding the way I think. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read a crazy number of library books - but I don't have time for any more record keeping than I already do. I can do 12 in a month, some months!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Priya - thank you :) I like the diverse genre idea, keeps everything fresh and interesting. Good luck with your goal!

    Meoskop - OMG! You're hoovering those library books up :) I *heart* my library. I'm with you though on the record keeping. The only way I know I've slipped is when I do my monthly reading challenge post :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with this year's library challenge!

    I joined at the 25 book level last year, and ended up reading 36 books. Well, I only counted fiction. If I counted nonfiction--a lot of cookbooks that yes, I actually read completely--I probably would have come in over 50.

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could probably jon at the 100 book level. I've read 13 new books so far this year and 8 of them were library books.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Christine - thank you! And well done. Non-fiction definitely counts IMHO :)

    trek - go for it! And well done on the books read to date!

    ReplyDelete