24 January 2011

Alive And Kicking

I am. Alive and kicking that is. In case you have been wondering why my online visits have been...infrequent over the past 10 days, I somehow managed to sprain my shoulder joint earlier this month. (The physio seems to think I did it while sleeping on my stomach, but since I've been sleeping on my stomach for...more years than I want to think about I'm going to go with 'cause unknown' :)

Anyway, it wasn't the spraining of said shoulder joint that directly led to me being offline. See, all my neck and shoulder muscles reacted to the sprain by tensing...to try and stabilize my neck. But they went right past tensing and into spasm! And OMG was it painful! Excruciatingly painful! I have endless sympathy for those with any form of back pain. So, after two days of watching my normal strength antiinflammatory agents work less and less, I toddled (literally - I didn't want to move my neck...actually, by that point I had pretty much no range of motion) along to see the physio, a new physio, as my usual physio was on annual leave. Among the many things I was asked to do, spending less time on the computer was one. Mainly because I would be in one position for too long. (And if I thought he was joking, which I didn't, being at work completely proved him right.) Hence the infrequent visits.

But...I'm currently allowed to be online for 30 minutes at a time and I'm hoping by Wednesday that limitation will have been lifted *fingers crossed* In the interim I've been...not doing much. I did go and see Unstoppable. It was...good. Not really much of a plot...at all, but lots of action. And Chris Pine was rather nice eye candy :)

Oh, and since the title of my post has led to this song whirling around my head, here is a little taste of Simple Minds:



So, what have you been up to lately?

13 comments:

  1. Ouch! That explains why you've been gone. Hope you're taking it easy and that you recover quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully you're back to normal by Wednesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh..painful. No fun at all.

    I'm currently freezing! Winter sucks. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, that sounds bad. I hope you feel better soon.
    Ow, the Simple Minds bring back memories...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ouch, that sounds awful! I hope you continue to feel better and that you feel back to normal very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you are feeling better... sounds like you've been through the ringer :(

    Life seems to be kicking a lot of ass lately. Hopefully, life will calm down and give some time to recoup :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. *careful hug* ouchie! Here's hoping you feel much better soonest, orannia.

    ReplyDelete
  8. heidenkind - thank you :) Definitely better...up until today that is, when I can feel the tightness coming back (but luckily no real pain). Will see what the physio says tomorrow.

    Chris - thank you! No fun I can tell you!

    Mandi - thank you! Sorry to hear it's so cold where you are. I keep seeing it on the news - saw a frozen car tonight!

    Janna - thank you! Ah, yes...Simple Minds. Those were the days :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah! Feel better. I've been obsessed with my Ozy and reading some really awful books for my Feb assortment. All the Jan ones were great, so I feel like I'll be kicking some puppies. I'm just glad you're dry, I've got no idea how much of Australia is affected - skipped geography to have lunch with boys.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kristen - thank you! Yes, very, very ouch! So glad I went to the physio the Friday before last instead of waiting until my physio was back the next week. I so wouldn't have survived the weekend...with what's left of my sanity intact :)

    Mariana - thank you! It does a bit, but I often feel like I'm my own worst enemy. Before I just dissociated everything. Now, my emotions are...a mess. Maybe this is what teenagers feel like?

    azteclady - thank you! Almost there (she says hopefully :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Meoskop - thank you!I am dry, but...I'm not in Australia :) Go south-east and you'll hopefully hit NZ...if not there is a lot of ocean :) I look forward to reading your reviews of said awlful books! *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hah!! I thought you were in Australia! (See, I tell you, there were boys....) My best pal in the world used to live in NZ, I've no idea where as he's lived everywhere, but I understand it is about the most beautiful place on earth.

    I don't generally review the bad ones on that blog, I try to stick with "Eh" and above. Maybe I'll make an exception soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Meoskop - LOL. That's OK. We're...a lot alike and yet we're very different, which is completely contradictory :) And it is beautiful. There are a lot of beautiful places in the world, but I know I live in one of them :) I remember watching Lord of the Rings when I lived in the UK and...I was so homesick.

    ReplyDelete