12 February 2011

Relief

I'm talking about the kind you get when you finish a book and think 'Done! (Finally!)'. It's not that you think the book is bad (because then it would be a DNF, right?) but that it has taken you what feels like forever to read, and it put you through the wringer while doing so. And now that it's done you're just filled with relief....and maybe a small bit of satisfaction *grin*

Or maybe this is just me?

Edited to add: In case you are wondering, I've just finished Peril's Gate (Janny Wurts)! All 692 pages (in hardback format no less) of it!

Edited again to add: Apologies for being AWOL for the last few days. I was trying not to completely overwhelm myself, so stayed off the computer. Hopefully I will be back, with bells on no less, tomorrow!

7 comments:

  1. Congrats on finishing!! Was it one of your Big Books?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I feel like that all the time! I have no patience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris - it is a big book (because it was 692 pages long), but not the big book. If that makes sense. My big book this year is The Archer's Heart (Astrid Amara). I read Kris' review and just had to read it!

    heidenkind - this was less of a patience thing and more of a...I just can't handle more heartache thing. I have heard the next book is better. PHEW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. (((orannia)))

    Take as long as you need--we'll be here when you come back.

    As for your question--yes. The last one was The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett (you can see why here)

    ReplyDelete
  5. azteclady - thank you. Oh, off to read your post :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hah! I was confused because I sometimes speed read - I thought it was the Meredith Duran that felt like a long read. My disbelief was totally fixed by the edit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Meoskop - sorry for the confusion. Bound By Your Touch feels light and I'm whizzing though :)

    ReplyDelete