25 May 2011

Things That Make You Go Hmmmm....

And when I say 'hmmmm' I am referring to both the good and...the not so good *grin*

In the good column:

* Jazz (apple). A combination between Braeburn and Royal Gala apples. YUM!

* The cover of Cast in Ruin (Michelle Sagara). (I was going to upload the cover, but attempting to do so kept crashing this post so I gave up.) Is it late September yet?

In the not so good column:

* PMT. Need I say more?

* Incomplete bank call centre training. Honestly, if the forms that have been linked to my account for the last 3 1/2 years are still linked to my account (according to my local branch manager), then perhaps the reason why you can't seen them is because you do not know how to look for them...so perhaps you should be trained how to do so rather than just saying that you can't do what I ask, even though I know you can because your colleague (who could see said forms) had no problem doing so LAST WEEK! (Of note, I am frustrated about the lack of training, not about said call centre staff member...well, three of them to be precise.)

* People who drive in the fog with no lights on. Ditto those who do not indicate. I mean...seriously? I must have missed the pre-birth queue that gave me psychic powers to know exactly where your car is at any given moment and exactly what you are planning to do with it!

So, what has made you go 'hmmmm' lately?

Oh, and I couldn't resist!

4 comments:

  1. Honeycrisp apples are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honeycrisp apples are pretty darn amazing. They're also the state fruit of Minnesota. (I had no idea, actually.) The Jazz sounds intriguing - I'll have to keep an eye out for it this fall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love the baby Jazz apples. We get them at Trader Joes, and the size is perfect for kids.

    Great cover for Cast in Ruin! I like the close-up of Kaylin.

    I'm brain-dead tonight, so I can't think of any Hmmm-inducing thoughts. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. heidenkind - ohhh. I haven't heard of those! We produce a lot of apples here - people have even tried to smuggle trees out of the country! - but I don't think we grow honeycrisps. I will have to investigate :)

    Chris - the state fruit of home! Your home I mean :) Do look for the Jazz - I think they are grown in the US so they hopefully might be around. They are yummy!

    Renee - you've tried them? YAH! Aren't they delicious? I've always liked apples, but these I drool over :) And the Cast cover is good. I hope we get more Nightshade time in this next book!

    ReplyDelete