16 January 2012

The 2012 M/M Romance Challenge

In 2010 and 2011 I joined I Heart Paperbacks' M/M Romance Challenge. Unfortunately, I Heart Paperbacks appears to be offline and so I have decided to take up the challenge of hosting for 2012! The rules are as follows:

1. This challenge is for those of you who enjoy reading m/m romances (i.e. novels and novellas where the main focus is a romantic relationship between male protagonists) or who might like to try the genre.

2. You can join at any time throughout the year and do not need a Blog, LiveJournal (or equivalent) to participate, just the ability to keep a list of books read.

3. The books don’t have to be selected ahead of time and can be utilized in multiple challenges.

4. The books can be in any format (e.g. audio books, eBooks, and print) [and includes comics and manga] and re-reads are welcome.

5. There are 8 reading levels to choose from:
- Read 1 m/m Romance (For those of you who would like to try the genre) [Any book suggestions from those of you well read in the genre would be welcome!]
- Read 5 m/m Romances
- Read 10 m/m Romances
- Read 20 m/m Romances
- Read 30 m/m Romances
- Read 40 m/m Romances
- Read 50+ m/m Romances
- Surprise me! (For those of you who read mostly m/m...and considering I read 94 m/m books last year I think this is me :)

6. Optional. If you’re not new to reading m/m romances, re-read your first ever m/m title. Do you feel differently about the book now than you did when you first read it? You could also aim to read a series, along a theme, or a book that you wouldn't otherwise read...

Please sign-up below:

To date I have read the following:
1. Strange Fortune (Josh Lanyon)
2. Handyman (Claire Thompson)
3. Double Blind (Heidi Cullinan)
4. The Twelve Days of Randy (Heidi Cullinan)
5. Song of Oestend (Marie Sexton)
6. Driftwood (Harper Fox)
7. Prisoner (Megan Derr)
8. Outcast Mine (Jamie Craig)
9. Where You Least Expect It (M Durango)
10. Life Lesson (Kaje Harper)
11. By His Rules (JA Rock)
12. And To All A Good Night (Kaje Harper)
13. The Matchmaker (Megan Derr)
14. Breaking Cover (Kaje Harper)
15. Counterpunch (Aleksandr Voinov)
16. Accidentally in Love (Jane Davitt & Alexa Snow)
17. Blind Space (Marie Sexton)
18. At His Throat, A Promise (Lilith Grey)
19. Shattered Glass (Dani Alexander)
20. The Rebuilding Year (Kaje Harper)
21. Private Eye (SE Culpepper)
22. WM Smoker Seeks Seclusion (Pirate Grrl)
23. Moving in Rhythm (Dev Bentham)
24. Knight Errant (KD Sarge)
25. The Only Gold (Tamara Allen)
26. PetSitting (Syd McGinley)
27. Lost and Found (Syd McGinley)
28. A Short Leash (Syd McGinley)
29. Attitude Adjustments (Syd McGinley)
30. Sol Invictus (Syd McGinley)
31. Samhain (Syd McGinley)
32. Ain't Misbehavin' (Syd McGinley)
33. Un Bel Di Vedremo (Syd McGinley)
34. Pink: Dolorosa (Syd McGinley)
35. Wrong Customs (Syd McGinley)
36. Tommy and the Magi (Syd McGinley)
37. White Day (Syd McGinley)
38. Sky Blue Pink: Flying Pigs (Syd McGinley)
39. Fundamentals (Syd McGinley)
40. Poster Child (Syd McGinley)
41. Under Contract (Helen Saito)
42. Not Sir (Syd McGinley)
43. Fun With Dick & Shane (Gillibran Brown)
44. More Fun With Dick & Shane (Gillibran Brown)
45. Achilles and the Houseboy (Gillibran Brown)
46. Warrior's Cross (Madeline Urban & Abigail Roux)
47. Armed & Dangerous (Abigail Roux)
48. Falls Chance Ranch (Rolf & Ranger)
49. Three Traders (Rolf & Ranger)
50. Mustang Hill (Rolf & Ranger)
51. Silver Bullet (Rolf & Ranger) [Incomplete]
52. Diversion (Eden Winters)
53. Don't Judge A Book (Scarlet Blackwell)
54. It's Like This (Orbiting Jupiter)
55. Wacky Wednesday (JA Rock)
56. Dash & Dine (Abigail Roux)
57. A Better Man (RJ Scott)
58. Calling the Show (JA Rock)
59. Between Sinners & Saints (Marie Sexton)
60. Stars & Stripes (Abigail Roux)
61. Whitetail Rock (Anne Tenino)
62. The Fix (Anne Tenino)
63. Frat Boy and Toppy (Anne Tenino)
64. Love Hypothetically (Anne Tenino)
65. Latakia (JF Smith)
66. Pressue Head (JL Merrow)
67. How to Become a Man (liketheroad)
68. Importand Things (suzvoy)
69. The Good Fight (Andrew Grey)
70. Tigerland (Sean Kennedy)
71. The Hot Floor (Josephine Myles)
72. Gilliflowers (Gillibran Brown)
73. Home Work (Kaje Harper)
74. The One That Broke Free (TC Blue)
75. Cost of Repairs (AM Arthur)
76. Power Exchange (AJ Rose)
77. The Winter Courtship Rituals of Fur-Bearing Critters (Amy Lane)
78. Cherish (Tere Michaels)
79. Great Restorations (Libby Drew)
80. Second Hand (Heidi Cullinan)
81. How to Raise an Honest Rabbit (Amy Lane)
82. The Nothingness of Ben (Brad Boney)
83. Winner Takes All (Jenny Urban)
84. Cover Up (KC Burn)
85. The First Supper (Sean Kennedy)
86. Countdown Until the End of the World (Sean Kennedy)
87. Chicken Soup for the Soul, and All That Crap (Sean Kennedy)
88. Taverners' Inn (Rolf & Ranger)
89. First Impressions (Josephine Myles)
90. Fuzzy (Josephine Myles)
91. Last Chance (Josephine Myles)
92. Falls Chance Ranch (Rolf & Ranger) [re-read])

21 comments:

  1. Count me in for the 50+ challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent - YAH! Although...you're not going for the Surprise Me option? *grin* You'll blitz 50 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried to cut/past my list of 296 books read in 2012, but I got an error message telling that my list is too long. :(
      May I send it to you by email?

      Delete
    2. Danny - you don't need to post it here. I'll believe you've read...WOW...296 books? You totally rock! Just keep the list yourself, or if you have a blog or LJ or WordPress create a page and keep it there :)

      And yes the challenge will be back for 2013!

      Delete
  3. Hmmm .. not sure that I'm going to beat last years 718 m/m reads! I might change to the Surprise Me option if I reach 50+ too quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm...I read so much that I am not sure I should do this. Especially since you said we should count re-reads. I have already read...15 this weekend. Granted, many of them were shorts, but I didn't see a size limit. I will attempt to keep track, though. Definitely in the Surprise Me category.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess I should go with Surprise Me, since I've already read 28 books this year... Maybe Tam or her kidlet would do a new button??

    ReplyDelete
  6. ShellBell - 718 m/m reads? *faints* That is so definitely in the Surprise Me category :)

    Eliwrites - did I say should count re-reads? That should have been 'can' (as in if you want to :) Hmmm...do you know about GoodReads? Great for keeping track of books and for getting recommendations! ShellBell - this also applies to you :)

    Chris - YAH! I realized this morning I had forgotten a button. I can pull one out of my cookie collection, but I have no idea how to write the words on it (which is why my Big Book Challenge is just a picture :) Hmmm. Will look into that tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a member of GoodReads, but I got tired after entering so many titles and authors. I'm not even sure I started entering my M/M authors! *lol* I should get back to it and enter more information.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eliwrites - if it was me, I'd just start from now. As in, record your books from now on. I couldn't imagine transferring a large number of books...I'm exhausted just thinking about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well...I just finished #50. Good thing I signed up for the "Surprise me!" category. I will tell you that I am hoping my reading rate slows down a bit since part of the reason I am reading so much is to escape real life issues. I do read a lot anyway, so I am sure I will get to a pretty insane number over the year regardless. The scary part is that I sometimes read stories other than m/m.

    If you are curious about what is causing me to want to escape, I am blogging about it at: theartistryofthebipolarbrain on wordpress dot com.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eliwrites? 50 books? And it's only January? WOW! *impressed* I read to escape too. I've always done that. If it helps you're not alone - ShellBell read 718 m/m books last year :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As you know, things are still tough, but I am starting to get away from the hibernating thing, so I am starting to drop in numbers...I think I am only at 163. Hopefully the rate will drop further.

      BTW, not sure why I have multiple aliases here, but I am Eli Cn, Eliwrites, and theartistryofthebipolarbrain. I am sure it has to do with what account I am signed into. *LOL*

      Delete
  11. Sadly, I think after this weekend (a bad one) I am at 66. But I am trying to get help for all the issues in my life I am trying to avoid, so maybe the numbers will start to slow down. :)

    I hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Time has gotten away from me! I thought I joined this challenge already. My bad. :P

    I think I'll surprise myself. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fun! I've recently started a Male/Male Romance Blog because I'm loving reading m/m so much. It's like I've fallen in and can't climb out. I don't want to :D So far this year I've read 60 and I'm shooting for at least 75.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Eliwrites - you're cruisin' :)

    ames - good luck!

    LisaT131 - you have a blog? Must. Check. It. Out. And welcome to the M/M Romance Challenge :) *SIGH* So glad I discovered m/m books!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hm, I think I need to enter this challenge. I don't know if I should do the 50+ or the surprise me??? Probably the surprise me since I read about 2 books a day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apologies for the late reply. Did you go with the Surprise Me option :)

      FYI - the challenge will be back for next year if you want to start early :)

      Delete