02 February 2012

Coupling

Yes, this post probably should be my reading list for the month of January. But for some reason GoodReads is hiding some of my 'read' books. Once I work out where they are I can total up the books read for January and voila! Post!

In the interim, I thought I would introduce you to one of my favourite TV comedy series. As I may have mentioned, I don't really have a sense of humour. I take everything far too seriously. And I don't find embarrassing situations amusing in any way, shape or form. For instance, I will never see Something About Mary. Just...no. But this show...IDK. It's hilarious because it's so simple. Introducing...Coupling! And BTW I'm referring to the UK (original) version. (I believe there is a US version, although I haven't see more than a short clip on YouTube.) And while I have many favourite scenes, the following is one that still makes me laugh. The first time I saw it, my friend thought I was going to choke I was laughing (with tears) so hard! The scene is this: Patrick is surprising Sally with an 'I love you' speech. And has roped in Jeff and Steve (the taller of the two, and who you may remember from Pirates of the Caribbean) to help set the mood...using the music that he and Sally originally kissed to. (It's a long, but amusing, story :)



So, what TV series or movie makes you laugh?

Edited to add: I'm also a huge fan of The Big Bang Theory!

6 comments:

  1. Here's me, the person who barely ever watches tv. :)

    Goodreads is still trying to sort things out after pulling out all the data from Amazon on the 30th...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm showing my age here but I always loved the Kenny Everett show!

    I'm also a big fan of Absolutely Fabulous and Green Wing

    ReplyDelete
  3. There was a US version of Coupling, but Coupling is actually the UK of version of Friends. Which I only occasionally watched.

    I've never really been into sitcoms. If I need a laugh I usually watch a movie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chris - that's OK. Humour can be found in all sorts of places :)

    And thank you! Although...it helps when one sorts by Date Read! Methinks I need to sleep for a very long time!

    ShellBell - I remember that! And anyway, we're spring chickens! And see, Absolutely Fabulous I just couldn't get into. It's that weird non-sense of humour...LOL!

    heidenkind - Coupling is the UK version of Friends. Friends was fine (I did watch it, but not religiously), but didn't find it funny. Coupling on the other hand...I should so just buy it on DVD!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, Coupling is such a fun TV show and Jeff is my favourite character. I was so disappointed when he left and the series just wasn't the same after that.

    I love The Big Bang Theory too. A friend of ours loaned us the box set of the first four series's and we're slowly working our way through :).

    I like a lot of comedy which mixes verbal sparring with silliness or slapstick such as programmes like Blackadder. I don't like as much those 'situational' type comedies such as My Family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenre - Jeff was my favourite too :)

    ReplyDelete