28 February 2012

Phase

I have a good book to read. A really good book. Shattered Glass by Dani Alexander (in case you were wondering). But am I reading it? No. Instead, I'm re-reading favourite scenes from a beloved dark fantasy series...from two books in said fantasy series if I'm honest. It's like my level of interest in new and interesting is...zilch! Why? No idea. (It may be because At His Throat, A Promise blew me away and hit with with the emotional equivalent of a TKO, but...IDK.) I'm hoping I'll snap out of this phase tomorrow...at least I hope I do.

Has anyone else experienced this...lack of interest and, if so, how did you snap out of it?

5 comments:

  1. If I'm not feeling any interest, I figure it's because the book's boring and I read something else. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's pretty common for me - it's sort of a post-excellent-book hangover. I tend to read a few short stories or a comfort read to clear my palate before moving on to something longer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes. I'll let you know when (if?) I do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just dropping by to say hello... I've been sort of swamped and kept meaning to leave comments on the other postings, but just kept getting distracted.

    Anywho, I've not been re-reading as much, but I have put some books aside after just a few pages. Just not in the mood for them yet. I'm hoping to pick them up eventually.

    There are some books that I've enjoyed a lot right after finishing them, but once I start thinking about them, not so much. This has lead me to start thinking about not rating them at all (either in goodreads or on the blog). Still tinkering with the idea.

    Hope you are well :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tasha - that's what I do too...it's just that in this case I haven't even started the book :) I'll get around to it eventually *grin*

    Chris - a post-excellent-book hangover sounds about right. And I've had it happen before, it just doesn't feel the same.

    azteclady - thank you! *hugs*

    Mariana - sorry to hear you're so swamped sweetie. Don't ever feel you have to comment - just when/if you can. I hope things quieten down soon.

    ReplyDelete