12 February 2012

So...

...last month I celebrated my birthday. I use the word 'celebrated' loosely as...birthday and Christmas go hand-in-hand in my 'Oh, yes, you...where is the closet?' response. Anyway, this year I received a monetary gift from a certain family member. I was...pleasantly surprised. Now, usually upon receiving a monetary gift I put it towards something...boring. But since I'm attempting to turn over a new leaf this year, I bought myself something...I wouldn't normally purchase. Something...fun! A comic and a print! But not just any comic and print! See, last year the stupendous Kris from Kris 'n' Good Books introduced me to the amazing Starfighter comic by the very talented Hamlet Machine. You can find the print I purchased here.

Isn't it beautiful? HamletMachine is so talented! I also bought Chapter One of the comic, which is a science-fiction m/m comic. Yes, it is available online, but I wanted to support HamletMachine.

So, what have you recently bought yourself that was...not necessary but fun?

Edited to add: Apologies for being AWOL of late. I am finding it difficult to balance online and offline ATM. But...I'm working on it :)

9 comments:

  1. Oh, that's a gorgeous print! :)

    Hmm. I bought myself an HP Touchpad tablet, which has been pretty fun so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a handbag addict. I love having different handbags to use. One of my cousins was in Melbourne for the first week of the Australian tennis open and I got her to get me a new bag from one of my favourite places - Spencer and Rutherford. I always look at their handbags whenever I happen to be in Australia and this particular gem was on sale. I could have ordered it online but at AU$125 for postage alone I'd rather get my cousin to traipse all over Melbourne looking for the last one available!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one gorgeous print, Orannia. I'm so glad that you have a love going for Starfighter. It's a pretty awesome graphic novel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you! Honestly, I'm too poor to use money on anything fun. Even when I get gift cards I just use them to buy presents for other people. It's sad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chris - isn't it just? An HP Touchpad tablet? Ohhhhh! The Kindle Touch is now available in NZ...am thinking of trialing it :)

    ShellBell - see, I think that's brilliant thinking! Saving you $125!

    Kris - I adore it. I only went into the shop section to order Chapter 1, but saw the print and just had to have it! Now I need to frame it. And I adore Starfighter!

    heidenkind - ohhh, I'm sorry. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Altho the Kindle doesn't do epubs, does it? :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. No, it doesn't...but I have Calibre and I've been reliably informed that the conversion is pretty good :) I just need to know that it's as smooth as the iPhone and that I can keep purchasing from ARe - the buy 10 get 1 free rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good job on getting yourself something so beautiful! You deserve it. :P

    I'm a single woman, everything I buy myself is for fun. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well happy belated birthday! Love your print.. I'm glad you indulged.

    I guess buying books and magazines are my indulgences. And sometimes small group training at my gym.

    ReplyDelete