01 January 2013

The 2013 M/M Romance Challenge

Edited to add: a new button! Just for 2013! *beams*

Yes, it's baaaaaack! The M/M Romance Challenge for 2013 is here!


The rules are as follows:

1. This challenge is for those of you who enjoy reading M/M romances (i.e. novels and novellas where the main focus is a romantic relationship between male protagonists) or who might like to try the genre.

2. You can join at any time throughout the year and do not need a Blog, LiveJournal (or equivalent) to participate, just the ability to keep a list of books read.

3. The books don’t have to be selected ahead of time and can be utilized in multiple challenges.

4. The books can be in any format (e.g. audio books, eBooks, and print) [and includes comics and manga] and re-reads are welcome.

5. There are 9 reading levels to choose from:
- Read 1 M/M Romance (For those of you who would like to try the genre) [Any book suggestions from those of you well read in the genre would be welcome!]
- Read 5 M/M Romances
- Read 10 M/M Romances
- Read 20 M/M Romances
- Read 30 M/M Romances
- Read 40 M/M Romances
- Read 50 M/M Romances
- Read 100 M/M Romances
- Surprise me! (This is for those of you who probably read hundreds of M/M romances :)

6. Optional. If you’re not new to reading m/m romances, re-read your first ever m/m title. Do you feel differently about the book now than you did when you first read it? You could also aim to read a series, along a theme, or a book that you wouldn't otherwise read...

Please sign-up below:


To date I have read the following:
1. Custom Ride (KA Mitchell)
2. Inertia (Amelia C Gormley)
3. Custom Christmas (KA Mitchell)
4. Color of Grace (AM Arthur)
5. Laying Ghosts (James Buchanan)
6. DILF (twentysomething)
7. When One Door Opens (JD Ruskin)
8. Gravity's Got Nothing On You (zosofi)
9. Too Stupid To Live (Anne Tenino)
10. Collusion (Eden Winters)
11.

30 comments:

  1. Heh, I guess I'll go with Surprise Me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! YAH! Do you want to add your name to Mister Linky?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A-ha! (NoScript was blocking Mr Linky.)

      Delete
    2. Ahhh. Thank you :) It's nice not to be the only person in the challenge :) Am wondering if I should upgrade my Mister Linky membership and get a second linkity for the Big Book Challenge or find another linkity option...

      Delete
  3. So, um...merry Christmas?

    (so happy to see you!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOPS! *blushes* *waves at azteclady* Happy Holidays to you and yours. (I must confess I'm not celebrating Christmas this year, hence the lack of good wishes). Yesterday was the first time I've been here is ages, but hoping it is a good sign for 2013!

      Lovely to see you! *hugs*

      Delete
  4. I will sign up to read 30 but I don't know about any of the other stuff about linky and all that crap (and I probably don't want to know, O). LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAH! Thank you Ivan! The linky stuff is just a list of who has joined the challenge. It's just your name and your blog URL. But you don't have to do it if you'd rather not :)

      Delete
    2. Okay I think I did it lol

      Delete
  5. Yay! I'll definitely be going with Surprise Me! I tried 700 this year and it looks like I just missed it. Well, technically, I read a 2 million word serial for the whole month of January as well as a bunch of fics and stuff that didn't count toward my GR goal, so I'm switching to your challenge instead! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome!!! 700? *faints* WOW! And yeah not having things count on GR...I just snuck in with 100 on GR, but only just :) It didn't count any of my Sterek fanfic reads :)

      Delete
  6. I'm so glad you were 'shameless' and mentioned this to me. I'm going with 100. I'd love to expect more this next year, but I should probably get a job or something. LOL. Thanks for this orannia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome and YAH! WOOHOO WRT 100! I've just realized I haven't set a number for me, so I think I'll go for 50 :)

      Delete
    2. LOL, now you have me reconsidering. 50 sounds sort of do-able.

      Delete
  7. Hello :) I'll be shooting for 200 this year, maybe 350 total books, we'll see **fingers crossed**

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAH! And fantastic total! Go you :)

      Delete
  8. Please count me in for 300+. I managed over 350 last year so will try for a similar amount.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAH! Great total! Do you want to sign up under Mr Linky?

      Delete
  9. Hi I'm a huge M/M romance/ erotica fan, read loads of the stuff out there and absolutely LOVE it. In fact I'm writing MM romance too. I would love to participate in this Walkabout and dare I say, I'm happy to go for the 100 novels as honestly? I've probably read about 30 in the past coupe of months alone and can't get enough. I have a blog, website, Twitter, etc so can promote what I've read to a fair few people. I can certainly recommend a few authors who are really talented, Harper Fox, Cameron Dane, Brad Boney,Rory Ni Coileain and loads more. Bring - it -on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Susan! To the blog and the Challenge :) And WTG on the 100 book target! I too love Harper Fox's work! Happy reading!

      Delete
  10. I signed up for 5 books (love the genre, but I don't know how much time I will have for reading). Hopefully this will force me to read some more!

    - Maria (Solace in Another World)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome mierke! All the best with the reading - I look forward to seeing what you read :)

      Delete
  11. I'm so glad Mierke posted. I got a notification in my inbox and it made me come and see things that I've missed.

    I'm at about 50 books for 2013 so far and I have many books to get to on my kindle. It's been a pretty great reading year so far, most everything has been a very good read.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I got a notification tonight that there was a new post, but I think it must be a new entrant instead. But, I thought this was a good time for a check-in. Here's where I'm at:

    You have read 74 M/M books toward your goal of 126 books.

    Where are you?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just finished #101. Part Two of my list is here. My goal was to only read 40. sigh, I hit that in July.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was going to limit my m/m reading this year but I'm currently reading #138

    true, some of them are short but they all have isbns. The long online serials didn't count :-(

    will you be hosting another challenge for 2014?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats Book Dragon! You like...read over 300 % of your original total!

      And I've just posted on whether anyone is interested if I re-host a challenge for 2014. Would you be keen?

      Delete
    2. I love it O. It's good to see where we all are :)

      Delete