27 April 2013

My Little Secret

In February, which seems like forever ago, I wrote a post entitled Random Thoughts in which I mentioned that I had decided to add an 'Unread' category to Stanza (my iPhone reading app).
Well I did that. And the count was 127… *faints* And then I went out and bought two more books! Which is, of course, totally the correct response when one has 127 unread books on the reading device! As of today the count still stands at 127 because I've manged to read two books on the Unread list, including the just finished Prey (Andrea Speed). But upon finishing Prey I decided to re-read (for the third time) Rolf & Ranger's Three Traders...I don't think I'm ever going to get that number down!
 
So, spillage time! How many unread (I originally wrote undread….LOL!) books do you have? And, if one has unread books, should one set up a rule – read one new book, one unread book…or should that be, one new book, two (or three) unread books…or one new book or re-read, two (or three) unread books…. GULP!

11 comments:

  1. OMG According to Goodreads I have 643 but I've added about 20 of those in the past few months. Ok, they still count but I was trying to get the number down. Yeah, I don't think I'll ever get them all read. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't count my GR ones, but then those are TBR, which means I haven't bought them...yet :) I own the unread ones, which is just plain embarrassing!

      And WRT your second comment, I didn't post the video of the NZ MP (but I so should have as I was so proud to be a New Zealander after that vote), but here is the YouTube link:

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCDEiaoEP2U

      And I believe he is going to be on Ellen!

      Delete
    2. With GR I ONLY put the ones that I own on there are they are actually in my TBR pile - which is scary. lol For the ones I want to read but don't own yet I keep a list on my phone and keep wish lists on the specific sites that sell the book so I don't forget. Sometimes I try to do that so that I don't impulse buy. There have definitely been times when I've gone back, read the description and thought "what was I thinking???" lol

      Wow - I could have sworn that vid was on your site. I think I'm losing my mind. lol Thanks for the link. :)

      Delete
  2. Non post related question: What happened to the video you had about the NZ MP - Rainbow across my electorate? I LOVE that! I showed it to so many people last weekend and they loved it as well. I'll go try to find it on Youtube. :) I didn't say it then but thanks for sharing that with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know, a bazillion? I don't keep track for that very reason. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! It's too scary once you know! And now I'm on a re-read, which isn't helping the situation!

      Delete
  4. I am afraid to count my un-read/tbr books. Last time I looked the pile has spread into several bookcases and physical piles around my room. The mere idea of knowing how many there actually are makes me feel faint.

    My only rule these days is to stick to the budget--anything else depends on my mood.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have 1143 "to read" books in GRs (differing from "wishlist", where I store the ones I don't own already). The sad thing is that I know I don't have all my "to read" books in GRs...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm at 117 on my reader, but close to 300 on Goodreads... scary how many books if you focus on them. I just don't look at the number anymore :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @azteclady - sometimes not knowing is a good thing :)

    @Chris - OMG! *faints*

    @Mariana - WOW! I'm thinking I should not look at the number...

    ReplyDelete
  8. well, with free ebook from amazon . . . plus print books . . .


    nope! I'm thinking I have a number close to Chris's and I don't want comfirmation

    ReplyDelete